Friday, May 8, 2009


San Francisco Road Trip

Imagine walking through a large specialty mall in San Francisco, Abercrombie, Hollister, Aeropostale, and American Eagle. Carrying so many handled shopping bags your ability to go through doors is compromised. Tissue wrapping dynamite tops, chic jeans, and a bit of luscious make up thrown in for good measure. Was I in the company of a Rock Star?!? Almost, I was on a shopping spree with a vibrant beauty we in the family call Lauren Elizabeth.

Why did this most delightful trip come about? As a celebration of their 13th birthdays I had offered my grandkids an adventure with Nana, all the while knowing I would enjoy it as much as they would. Shelby chose Colorado, Kendal adventured in Disneyland, Taylor a Mariners trip, and Lauren a shopping holiday.

This was to be a no holds barred shopping frenzy. Lauren is a perfect petite size, gorgeous and glowing. There is nothing she puts on that doesn’t look better because she is wearing it. It was decided, a trip to San Francisco for fun, sightseeing, and shopping.

I rented a fancy car that had a satellite radio. Lauren was the music director as we cruised down I-5 looking mighty fine. The weather was great and we arrived at the Embassy Suites without a hitch. Our room was a spacious two room suite, one side was the shopping Queen’s the other was the Nana’s. Perfect!

The second night, after a very strenuous day of shopping we went downstairs to the lovely garden restaurant for dinner. We had a late lunch so weren’t super hungry. After looking at the menu we decided we didn’t want dinner after all we just wanted dessert. So that’s just what we did, we ordered an ice cream sundae, chocolate cake with raspberry sauce, and a slice of cheese cake. Decadent! What we couldn’t finish went back to the room with us and became breakfast ~ oh so naughty, and oh so much fun. There was no grownup there telling us what to do.

On the third day it was time for sightseeing. We hopped a ride on an open air limousine called “Mr. Toad’s Scenic Ride”. Really! We toured, and were taught, all about history of San Francisco. Up hills…OMG down hills ~ Eeek! Had a lovely meal along the old dock area, and of course shopped a bit more.

On the fourth day it was time to put the luggage, bags, sacks, and us, back in the car. I put on my new sunglasses and we were “on the road again”. Lauren had convinced me to buy a pair of DNKY sunglasses, ones I would never have chosen for myself. Glamorous, as usual she had impeccable taste and they have received many a compliment in the years passed.

To this day when the sun shines, a warm breeze is blowing, and I’m headed down the highway, I put on my shades. I am once again on a road trip filled with fun and adventure and my very own Rock Star. When can we do it again Lauren?? It was a blast…

2 comments:

  1. What special memories for the grandkids too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH How delightful! My cheeks are aching from the smiles!

    >^,,^<

    ReplyDelete